गुथि बुखँ पौ
विकिपिडियाय् आः जुयाच्वंगु ज्याखँयागु धलः।
- फतिंफत्तले थ्व विकिपिडियायात अप्व: स्वया अप्व: च्वसू, किपा व मेमेगु मल्टीमिडियां नं जायेका दीत सकल भाजुमय्जु पिंके इनाप दु ।
- च्वसु च्वयेबलय् लेखाधिकार हनन याना मदीत इनाप दु ।
- थन दुगु च्वसुयागु हाक: व आधिकारिकता भिंके माल ।
I request the bot flag for Alexbot:
- Programming Language:Pywikipedia
- Functions:Interwiki(+autonomous), double redirect fix, featured article interwiki link.
- Other languages:All statistics in here
Thank you--Alexsh १६:४५, २४ ज्यानुवरी २००८ (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot flag for AlleborgoBot
- Operator: Alleborgo
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic, in "-autonomous" mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts.
- Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
- Function Summary: interwiki
- Already has a bot flag in: ar, am, an, ast, az, bar, bat-smg, bg, br, bm, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ce, ceb, cs, cv, cy, da, de, el, en, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fiu-vro, fo, fr, frp, fy, ga, gl, he, hr, hsb, ht, hu, hy, id, is, it, iu, ja, jv, ka, kk, ko, ksh, ku, lb, li, lmo, ln, lt, lv, mk, mi, ml, mr, ms, mt, nap, nds, nds-nl, nl, nn, no, oc, pl, pms, ps, pt, ro, roa-tara, ru, scn, sco, se, sh, sk, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, ta, tg, th, tl, to, tr, tt, udm, uk, ur, vec, vi, vls, vo, zh, zh-classical, zh-min-nan, zh-yue. On it.wiki has done more than 65000 edit.
Thanks --AlleborgoBot ११:०५, ११ नोभेम्बर २००७ (UTC)
- Done. —Pathoschild १५:१४:२५, ११ डिसेम्बर २००७ (UTC)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. This will involve creating a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and adding a line at the top noting that it is used here. In particular, this policy allows automatic acceptance of known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests.
Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; it will be implemented in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. AlleborgoBot १०:४९, ३० नोभेम्बर २००७ (UTC)
- Bot policy implemented. --AlleborgoBot १३:३८, ८ डिसेम्बर २००७ (UTC)
Wikimedia Indian chapter[सम्पादन]
As you might be aware, we are planning to start an India chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. Please see Wikimedia India for details. We're currently working on the draft of bylaws. If you are interested, please join the discussion on meta, and subscribe to the wikimediaindia-l mailing list. Utcursch १७:५८, १० डिसेम्बर २००७ (UTC)
==Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki==बिदूर् क् Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitateऋःटृःटृऍःMediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here to use your language in the interface, but if you would log in to for example the Japanese language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. In fact, of 1,736 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 2.88% of the messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages for 126 extensions, with 2,174 messages. Many of them are used in WMF projects and they are vital for understanding the wiki. Currently 0.17% of the WMF extension messages have been translated. Translators for over 90 languages contribute their work to MediaWiki this way every month.
If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator privileges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on MediaWiki.org and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.
If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.
You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we will be happy to help you get started.
- Currently 5.93% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.18% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ०७:३६, २६ अप्रिल २००८ (UTC)
- Operator: User:Purodha = ksh:User:Purodha (b'crat @ ksh)
- Function: interwiki link maintenance
- Operation: manually-assisted, occasionally in automatic or autonomous mode, starting mostly from the Wikipedia of Ripuarian languages
- Software: pywikipediabot framework updated daily from svn to latest version
- Already has bot flag on: am, ar, be-x-old, bn, bo, bxr, cdo, co, crh, dsb, dz, fa, fr, gv, hr, hsb, ht, ig, ksh, ku, lbe, lmo, ml, mr, nds, nl, pms, simple, stq, sv, tg, ts, vec, vi, vo, more pending, recent data (sorry, the toolserver is having technical problems at the moment, partial data is at end of the page)
Thank you! --Purodha २१:५२, ३ फेब्रुवरी २००८ (UTC)
- Operator: Dalibor Bosits
- Purpose: Interwiki, auto and manually mode, from hr Wiki, daily
- Software: Pywikipedia framework
- Bot flagged on: bg, bs, cs, da, de, el, eo, et, eu, fr, gl, hr, hu, id, la, ms, nl, no, ro, ru, sh, simple, sk, sl, sr, sv, sw, uk, th, vo
- Bot flag granted. --Dungodung २१:४४, २४ मार्च २००८ (UTC)
Exemption doctrine policy[सम्पादन]
Hello. As you might know, the Wikimedia Foundation approved a resolution concerning non-free images more than a year ago. The resolution says that unless Wikimedia projects create an exemption doctrine policy (EDP) for non-free images, all of those images shall be deleted by March 23, 2008 (which was few days ago). We'd now like to gather information from the projects about their exemption policies in one place so we can check their validity, and if images on those projects are in accordance with the Foundation's resolution. Your project is one of these we don't have information about, so it'd be great if you could add it to the page listing all EDPs, meta:Non-free_content. If you have any questions about the page or don't have an EDP yet and want one, you can use the appropriate talkpage on Meta or just contact me directly on Meta or by e-mail (however, please note that I'm just a volunteer and therefore not in a position to give any official advice).
If you don't have any EDP in place and don't plan to use one, it might be useful and effective for your project to disable local uploads entirely and use files from Wikimedia Commons only. This method has been used by many Wikimedia projects, notably Spanish and Swedish Wikipedia and English Wiktionary, and means you wouldn't have to deal with file licensing problems anymore; if you're interested in this solution, feel free to contact me for more information.
Thanks for your cooperation! Timichal ०८:३३, २७ मार्च २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 5.85% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.13% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ०८:०८, २७ मे २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 5.74% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.12% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ०७:१९, ७ जुलाई २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 5.70% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.29% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १०:०७, ८ अगस्ट २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 11.12% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.2६% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ११:१३, १० सेप्टेम्बर २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 13.85% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.13% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ०८:५९, १६ अक्टोबर २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 13.90% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.10% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १३:०६, १० नोभेम्बर २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 13.70% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.09% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ०९:४५, १५ डिसेम्बर २००८ (UTC)
- Currently 14.21% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.09% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १८:४५, ११ ज्यानुवरी २००९ (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
- Operator: es:Muro de Aguas
- Programming Language: Python (interwiki.py)
- Function Summary: Interwiki links
- Already has a bot flag on: 33 projects. Total editcount: 202.000 edits.
I use the pywikipediabot framework, updated every day from SVN. Thanks! Muro de Aguas १४:३७, २७ जुन २००८ (UTC)
Hello. The standard bot policy was updated to allow global bots, which are now technically possible. These are trusted bots that will be given bot access on all wikis that allow global bots (the local policy or request page must explicitly allow them, or they won't get access on this wiki). The current requirements for global bots are:
- the bot must only maintain interlanguage links or fix double-redirects;
- the bot must already be active on several wikis, with long-term contributions to back up its trustworthiness.
Does anyone object to allowing global bots on this wiki? I'll update the local policy in a week if there are no objections. Thanks. —Pathoschild ०२:१५:५३, २७ जुलाई २००८ (UTC)
- Done. Malafaya ०९:३३, १५ सेप्टेम्बर २००८ (UTC)
Wikimania 2009: Scholarships[सम्पादन]
English: Wikimania 2009, this year's global event devoted to Wikimedia projects around the globe, is now accepting applications for scholarships to the conference. This year's conference will be handled from August 26-28 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The scholarship can be used to help offset the costs of travel and registration. For more information, check the official information page. Please remember that the Call for Participation is still open, please submit your papers! Without submissions, Wikimania would not be nearly as fun!
नेपाल भाषा: Please translate this message into your language. - Rjd0060 ०१:५९, ९ अप्रिल २००९ (UTC)
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[सम्पादन]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you[सम्पादन]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net[सम्पादन]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
- Currently 12.34% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.0४% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १३:११, ३० सेप्टेम्बर २००९ (UTC)
- Currently 12.26% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.0४% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १३:५१, १ नोभेम्बर २००९ (UTC)
- Currently 12.40% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.04% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १२:५२, ८ डिसेम्बर २००९ (UTC)
- Currently 12.37% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.04% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १४:१६, १८ ज्यानुवरी २०१० (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
How can we improve the usability for your language[सम्पादन]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM १३:११, ३० सेप्टेम्बर २००९ (UTC)
Wikimedia Indic language Mailing list[सम्पादन]
Hi, There is a Wikimedia Indic language Mailing list but I've not seen anybody from Nepal Bhasa Wikipeda. Joining this list helps solving common language problem and other things. Check this page https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l --Praveenp १५:४७, ६ मार्च २०१० (UTC) 126.96.36.199 १३:२१, १९ अगस्ट २०१३ (UTC)
creating the Sanskrit Wikisource[सम्पादन]
I have submitted the proposal for creating the Sanskrit Wikisource. It is available at: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Sanskrit
For time being, I have added only you two as the users interested in Sanskrit wikisource. If you know any one else interested in Sanskrit wiki source, please send me their details. Also make sure you cast your vote in the Arguments in favour section.
Please let me know in case there are any issues
2010 Fundraising Is Almost Here[सम्पादन]
Hello Wikipedians, I am Theo and I am working for the Wikimedia Foundation during the 2010 Fundraiser. My job is to be the liaison between your community and the Foundation. This year's fundraiser is intended to be a collaborative and global effort; we recognize that banner messages which may perform well in the United States don't necessarily translate well, or appeal to international audiences.
I'm contacting you as I am currently looking for translators who are willing to contribute to this project by helping translate and localize messages into different languages and suggesting messages that would appeal to your readers on the Fundraising Meta Page. We've started the setup on meta for both banner submission, statistical analysis, and grouping volunteers together.
Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us, and add your feedback to the proposed messages as well! I look forward to working with you during this year's fundraiser. If someone could translate this message I would really appreciate it so that everyone is able to understand our goals and contribute to this year's campaign.
Theo (WMF) २०:४८, २० अक्टोबर २०१० (UTC) ≠
Language support group for Newari[सम्पादन]
The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.
This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.
What we can do for you already[सम्पादन]
For the Nepali language we have two input methods and one font that we make available on the Nepali wikis. When these input methods are the same for Newari, we can easily implement them for you. First you can test them at translatewiki.net and, when it is as you need them to be, we can make them available on the Newari Wikis as well. Thanks, Gmeijssen १३:१३, ३१ ज्यानुवरी २०१२ (UTC)
The Babel extension[सम्पादन]
The Babel extension is used by people to indicate their proficiency in a language. This is used on all the Wikimedia wikis. Would you be so kind and localise the Babel extension for us? Thanks, Gmeijssen १३:१३, ३१ ज्यानुवरी २०१२ (UTC)
Updates from India Program Team[सम्पादन]
This is the first post from the India Program team regarding the team. I have been posting updates on the various mailing lists - but am acutely aware that the majority of our community is on village pumps or project pages and hence this post. Do excuse me for posting something which is not solely focused on this project, but the work we are doing has learnings that you might find useful for your project. Here are 5 important links that you might find useful
- There is an India Program page on meta - which has links to a number of important workstreams (on the right of the page)
- Here is your India Program team. Feel free to reach out for any help or to provide any suggestion - or just to say hello!
- I submitted the following mid-year report to the community on January 15th 2011 - outlining the activities for 2011 and the priorities for 2012. Strictly speaking, this wasn't a mid-year report because it covered all of 2011, but going forward, I intend to make it a half-yearly affair. Please add your comments or suggestions here, or below this post.
- I have recently started monthly updates. The monthly update for February is available here. Please add your comments or suggestion here. The areas of emphasis for March are here. Please add your comments or here. This is really useful for us to ensure that we are doing what you need most.
- I have also started a new tab on the India Program page for Learnings, called Gyan. I think it is going to be a pretty cool place for us to put together a whole host of learnings, lessons, heartbreaks, Eureka moments and inspirations - gathered from all over the community. Stay tuned for more!
- One of the essential things that India Program needs to constantly work out is keeping our community informed of the work that we are doing - so that this work is clearer but also to help cross-pollinate ideas amongst a wider set of community members who might not have been engaged on specific village pump / talk page discussion or involved in particular activities (e.g. outreach events) or wikiprojects. I propose to have a fortnightly IRC for the community with India Program. (For those who are not familiar with IRC, it is an Internet messaging system similar to a regular chat room. It's very simple to use and you can join in by clicking on the following link. This would be done on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at 9pm IST (which is GMT + 0530) - THOUGH NOT THIS MONTH - BECAUSE I HAVE MISSED THE TIMELINE. Just for March, we will do it on March 15th and March 29th (both at 9pm IST which is GMT + 0530). I suggest that these chats are focused on specific work streams. As with many community meet-ups - folks will give time to attend a meet-up or participate in an IRC only if there is a topic of relevance to them. Therefore, we will do one IRC on Indic languages and one on Outreach & Communications. The March 15th one will be focused on Indic Languages and the one on March 29th will be on Outreach & Communications. (All IRCs will start with a re-cap of India Programs activities.) There is quite a bit of overlap on these topics - so feel free to join both. Please do also invite anyone who is interested to know more about India Program or - even more importantly - interact with fellow Wikimedians. As always, the logs will be put up on meta for the benefit of those who can't attend and for the record.
Please feel free to translate this post for the benefit of the larger audience. In fact, I'd be really grateful if you did!
Support for Newari input methods in Narayam[सम्पादन]
On this Wiki there is a local script that provides input method support for Newari. We have implemented this functionality for you in the Narayam extension. There are several benefits: we will support Narayam technically - this will ensure that it will continue to function properly and, Narayam will be available on other projects like Commons as well and obviously on any other Newari project.
the "Main page"[सम्पादन]
When I go to the Main Page, I find that the redirect does not work properly. It is clear that the Newari characters do not show properly. As I understand it, in the Newari language the shape of some Devanagari characters is different from how it is used in Nepali, Marathi and Hindi. When there are fonts that support Newari properly, we can support them in our WebFonts extension. There is one condition, the font has to be freely licensed. If you want this please get into contact. Thanks, Gmeijssen (talk) ०७:४३, ५ अप्रिल २०१२ (UTC)
CIS-A2K Grant Report September 2012-June 2013[सम्पादन]
(Apologies for writing in English. You are welcome to translate this message)
Greetings! As many of you know that the Wikimedia Foundation approved a 22 month grant to the CIS-A2K. The aim of the grant is to support the growth of Wikimedia movement in India.
Please find the Grant Report for the first 10 months period here.
CIS-A2K will be happy to receive your feedback. Please let us know if you have any suggestions, questions and concerns about the report and our work. We would be glad to have this feedback here.
We are thankful to the Wikimedia community in India, Wikimedia India Chapter and the Wikimedia Foundation for actively engaging with our work. We will continue to work upon our deficiencies, failures and successes. Thanks! --Hindustanilanguage (talk) ०७:४६, ६ नोभेम्बर २०१३ (UTC)
Facing problems in typing your language?
Dear friends, excuse me for writing the message in English. Please feel free to translate this message in your language.
Many of you might have experienced trouble in using the input tool - Universal Language Selector (ULS). Wikimedia Foundation's Engineering Language Engineering team is trying to resolve it as soon as possible.
However, you can enable it as an opt-in option in your User preferences (Please select the user checkbox before "Enable the Universal Language Selector" as shown in the picture above). Hindustanilanguage (talk) १०:३२, २२ ज्यानुवरी २०१४ (UTC).
Help for translate[सम्पादन]
Hello and sorry for writing in English. Can anyone help me translate a small article (2 paragraphs) from English to your language and create the article in your wiki? Please, fell free to answer in my talk page in your wiki anytime. Thanks! Xaris333 (talk) ००:२५, १४ अगस्ट २०१४ (UTC)
CIS-A2K PO Selection[सम्पादन]
CIS-A2K is seeking applications for the post of Programme Officer (Institutional Partnerships). The position will be based in its Bangalore office. Programme Officer will collaboratively work with the A2K Team and would report to the Programme Director, Interested applicants are encouraged to deeply engage with the CIS-A2K Work Plan before making the application. The last date of submitting applications is November 14, 2014. You can also find the job posting on our website (http://cis-india.org/jobs/programme-officer-institutional-partnership).
Program officer, CIS-A2K
विकिविस्तार कार्यक्रम सम्बन्धमा[सम्पादन]
आदरणीय विकिपीडियन मित्रहरू नेपाली भाषामा लेखेकोमा माफ गर्नुहोला आशा छ नेपाली भाषामा लेखेको भए पनि यसलाई सच्याएर पढ्नुहोला साथै नेपाली भाषा नबुझ्ने मित्रहरूका लागी नेपाली भाषा र नेपाल भाषाको ज्ञान भएको मित्रले यो खण्ड नेपाल भाषामा अनुवाद गरिदिनु होला भन्ने अनुरोधका साथ यहाँ आफ्नो सल्लाह राख्नु होला । हामी नेपालीहरूमा विकिपीडिया बारे ज्ञानको अभाव रहेको यहाँहरूमा अवगतनै छ । यहाँ सम्मकी विकिपीडिया भनेको के-हो भन्ने बारेमा पनि थाहा पाउन सकिरहेका छैनौं त्यसमाथी मध्यपश्चिमाञ्चल र सूदुर पश्चिममाञ्चलका नागरिकहरूमा विकिपीडिया बारे झनै जानकारी नरहेको अवस्था छ, । नेपालमा निजि दुरसंचार प्रदायक एनसेल बाट निःशुल्क विकिपीडिया प्रयोग गर्न मिल्ने भएपनी ज्ञानको अभावमा प्रयोगमा आउन सकिरहेको छैन । यो स्थिती रहन नदिन र नेपाली विकिपीडियालाइ अगाडि बढाउनुका साथै यश क्षेत्रका सर्वसाधारणहरूमा विकिपिडिया बारे परिचय गराउन सूदुरपश्चिमाञ्चल विकास क्षेत्रको कैलाली जिल्लामा विकिपीडिया विस्तार कार्यक्रम गरियोस् भनी यहाँ समर्थनको लागि अनुरोध गरिन्छ । साथै यहाँ सुदूर पश्चिमको प्रमुख भाषा मानिने डोटेली भाषा को विकिपीडिया परिक्षण पृष्ठ रहेको छ । यसमा पनि सहयोग गर्न हुन आग्रह गर्दछु । धन्यवाद ।--आर॰पी॰जोशी talk ०८:१८, १८ नोभेम्बर २०१४ (UTC)
Train-the-Trainer Program - 2015 (Announcement)[सम्पादन]
Apologies for posting this in English. If any friends could translate this in Newari please help in transalting.
As most of you are aware, the Centre for Internet and Society's Access To Knowledge program (CIS-A2K) conducted the first Wikipedia Train-the-Trainer (TTT) programme in 2013 with an aim to support and groom leadership skills in the community members. We are extremely thankful to all the senior Wikimedians who acted as Resource Persons for the 2013 event. Achal, Arjuna, Hari, Shymal, Tinu and Viswa! Without your help we could not have conducted it so successfully.
This email is to let you all know that we have scheduled to conduct the second iteration of this program at the end of February 2015. We are inviting applications from interested Indian Wikimedians. Please see this page on Meta for more details.
Some important dates:
January 27, 2015 - Last date for registration.
January 30, 2015 - Confirmation of selected participants
February 26 to March 1, 2015 - TTT-2015 workshop
We are working on the schedule and other details. You are welcome to leave your suggestions and inputs here. Please write to us at tanveercis-india.org and vishnucis-india.org if you have any further queries.
Wikimania 2015 - India Booth[सम्पादन]
Apologies for posting this text in English.
As you people might be aware, Wikimania 2015 which is going to be held in Mexico from July 14th to 19th. We, the Indian attendees at Wikimania, would like to represent Wiki Indic Community booth in the same. We are creating Leaflets and Posters for the community village at Wikimania 2015 to display in Wikimania 2015. We would like to invite you to gather the content and design(optional) for posters (Sample) and leaflets (Sample) about the Indic language project of your choice. We will take care of printing and displaying the posters/leaflets.
The maximum dimensions for your poster are 36 x 48 in (91.44 x 121.92 cm). We suggest using the A0 paper size, which is 33.11 x 46.81 in (~84 x 118 cm). The contents of the poster has to be in English. Posters and leaflets based on all Indic language Wikimedia projects are welcome. The design should be a media file uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. Please post the link to your content/design file on http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Wikimania_2015/Booth/Posters_Leaflets before 25th of June. In case if you face any issues please reachout to Dineshkumar Ponnusamy or Netha Hussain.
For guidelines regarding creating posters, please have a look at this link : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Posters_that_work
We look forward to receiving your posters/leaflets and displaying them while at Wikimania 2015!
Note: This is not a competition or contest, we expect at most 1 poster and 1 leaflet from each Community.
Newari is missing[सम्पादन]
Newari is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (talk) ०४:२५, १ फेब्रुवरी २०१६ (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 update[सम्पादन]
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[सम्पादन]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As per previous announcements earlier this year, the visual editor (VisualEditor) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (Remember my last editor).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- Always give me the visual editor if possible (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- Always give me the source editor (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- Show me both editor tabs (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (Editing --> Editing mode:), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community, by linking to this announcement elsewhere, putting up a site notice, etc. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after some days it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen. Eukesh: given your experience with this language and this community, I appreciate your support in making sure everyone here is aware of this change. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll be around for a while to help!
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback below. I'd like to thank everyone who works to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org.
The visual editor is now active here[सम्पादन]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
In the wikitext editor, the pencil icon allows you to switch to the visual editor.
In the visual editor, the [[ ]] (square brackets) icon allows you to switch to the wikitext editor. Please note that the button will soon say Publish page or Publish changes, due to an unrelated change.
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (VisualEditor) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> Editing --> Editing mode:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "Visual edit" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) १९:११, ३० अगस्ट २०१६ (UTC)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is now complete. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that was written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) १८:४०, ६ सेप्टेम्बर २०१६ (UTC)
Call for Participation, Wikicamp Nepal 2018[सम्पादन]
Hi there, Sorry for writing this in English.
We wanted to inform you that Call for Participation for Wikicamp Nepal 2018, which is being held in Lahan, Nepal on November 21–23, 2018 are now being accepted. Call for Participation are open until 30 September 2018, 23:59:59. To learn more about Wikicamp Nepal 2018 Call for Participation, Please visit: m:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation.
To submit for call for participation, please do that this way.
It is highly recommended that presenters review all the material on the Call for Participation page and the associated FAQ before submission. If you have any questions, please contact: wikicampnepal at gmail.com or leave a message at: m:Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation. Please help us spread the word and translate pages, also requested to local sysop to create a Sitenotice about it !
Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19[सम्पादन]
Hello सामाजिक दबू,
Sorry for writing in English.
We are glad, you are the part of WCN2018. So, you are WCNian. Congratulations! \o/
The Wikicamp Nepal team is currently discussing on the value and planning process of Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19, and is open until 31 May 2019. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikicamp Nepal to help guide camp planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikicamp Nepal 2019 could take.
We'd like to hear from you on this multilingual survey form. Select your language and please send us your response!
If you have any question(s), feel free to contact: wikicampnepal[at]gmail.com or leave a message at: Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018. Kindly help us spread and translate this message!
प्रस्तावे सहमतियु नितिं[सम्पादन]
विकिमिडियन पासा पि नाप छलफल, अन्तर विकि समन्वय वः विकि समुदाययु प्राथमिकता व चुनौतीतेयु बारे सहकार्ययु नितिं नेपाले नोवाइगु भाषापिनु समुदाय तेयु सम्मेलन विकि कार्यशालायु दोश्रो संस्करण – विकि कार्यशाला नेपाल २०२० थोहे नोभेम्बर २०२० खे आयोजना यागु नितिं मेटाखे प्रस्ताव तयातगुजुया कृपया व प्रस्तावखे छिगु सहमति तयादितः अनुरोध याना । आयोजक पुचः
विकि कार्यशाला नेपाल २०२० समुदाय संलग्नता सर्वेक्षणखे सहभागितयु नितिं ब्वना पौ
ठ्वो समुदाय संलग्नता सर्वेक्षणखे सहभागितायु नितिं ब्वना पौ ख, गु विकि कार्यशाला नेपाल २०२० यु आयोजनायु नितिं विकिमिडिया फाउण्डेसनखे पेश याइगु आवेदनयु मुः अंग ख। ठ्वो प्रश्नतेसँ विकिमिडियाखे छिगु अनुभव, आवश्यकता, चुनौती व विकि कार्यशाला नेपाल २०२० खँ अपेक्षातेगु सम्बन्धी जानकारीत हासिल यात गुहाली याई। ठ्व प्रतिक्रयातेस विकि कार्यशाखायु उद्देश्य वा कार्यक्रमयु प्रारूप हाकन स्पष्ट यात गुहाली याई।